Monday, December 1, 2008

Take that, Martha Stewart

I inadvertently came up with a Thanksgiving idea so cool that Martha herself will be stealing this by next year. Shows you what not much planning and a cocktail will do.
I had bought some chestnuts just because I like having them around this time of year, and I threw them in the oven to roast. (Caveat: Chestnuts, even when you cut a slit in the skin, have a tendency to explode if they cool too fast. And I do mean EXPLODE. If I had been standing a little nearer to the tray I would have had a face full of chestnut). The family and I then printed out pictures of the people coming to dinner, printed them in yearbook size photos, taped it to a toothpick and stuck it in the chestnut. Each dinner place had a fun photo (of course we picked the embarrassing ones), and a tasty snack.

Your move, Stewart.


Jane said...

We still have our pictures in the chestnut. It was an inspired idea. Emily's Mom

Mama said...

But next year, you have to call it "You, in a nutshell."