Saturday, January 13, 2007

Super Scam

Ah, the Super Bowl -the most American of eating holidays. What better time to celebrate the US of A's culinary contributions- cheese dip, burgers, dogs, and of course, chicken wings? I LOVE the Super Bowl. I love the game, I love the food, I love the fact that the Sunday coupons start in January with Slim Fast and rice cakes, and in two short weeks are running jalapeno poppers and queso dip.
So wouldn't you think that prices for this type of thing would go down? Specials, the equivelent of the 29 cents-a-pound turkey at Thanksgiving, that sort of thing? Guess again. A caterer recently informed my sister that around Super Bowl time, the price of chicken wings triples. I realize that chicken wings aren't that expensive to begin with, but come on! This smacks of Halliburton-level corruption. Can't even the Super Bowl stay pure?

No comments: