Saturday, January 13, 2007

Turkey's Never Ending Story

If you're like me, the best part of Thanksgiving is not the meal, but the week of leftovers after the fact. You know that sad, worried feeling you get when you try to get one more sandwich out of the leftovers, but realize that a week after the meal might be pushing it? (Turkey sandwich or food poisoning....turkey sandwich or food poisoning.....)Never fear. After grossly over-estimating the amount of turkey needed this year, I was faced with more turkey meat that I could ever whip into the leftover permutations in my repertoire, so I froze a whole bag of it. I wasn't sure how cooked turkey froze, but guess what? It's just fine. Turkey and rice soup in January's cold takes you back to the warmer fun of Thanksgiving. In the words of Limahl, it's a 'Never Ending Story'.

No comments: