Monday, April 23, 2007

I scream for ice cream?

I scream for Ice Cream? Dude, I almost wet my pants. It's the first day of decent, no, even NICE weather here in Boston, so to celebrate I dusted off the ol' ice cream maker and churned out a butter nut crunch that is so good it's hard to put into words. I guess 5 C. of whole milk and cream couldn't possibly be a bad thing, but add almonds, walnuts and pistachios to the mix and that stuff is off the hook. I also used a really corse salt when I cooked the nuts in butter (oh yeah), and I love the outcome. The salt doesn't melt into the ice cream but isn't quite crunchy, so you get a delicious salty sweet mix. You can't even imagine. Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am so glad to see a new article and the ice cream sounds scrumptious!! Yo Mama

Anonymous said...

By the waym, if you don't feel like churning, Baskin Robbins is having a 31 cents a scoop night TONIGHT to raise money for charity....