Thursday, May 3, 2007

Your homespun garden

True confessions: This is an area of homespun living that is my
weakness. Not weakness in the sense of "oh, I can't help myself, I love
to garden", weakness in the sense of "every green thing I touch dies".
But hope and the desire for a decent tomato that doesn't cost $4.98
springs eternal, so I've started to urban garden. Two containers oftomatoes
, herbs, assorted flowers are on the porch and on top of the garage.
I've flung seeds of morning glories, beans, and sunflowers in the dirt
near the fence to see what will grow. While digging in the dirt I found
some shards of what looked like someone's grandma's serving platters, which makes me wonder if I'm growing "Sweet 100's" or "Contaminated Leaddys". Anyone know how to test soil?

Stayed tuned, sports fans: if anything actually grows, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're waiting with baited breath to taste your tomatoes!!Yo Mama and Pa