Monday, June 4, 2007

public shaming and baby food

In an effort to get the other half of the homespun urban team back on the blogging saddle, so to speak, here's a topical query for the readers: What about making your own baby food? Yes, there will soon be a homespun baby on the way, and perhaps it's because it's not my baby, but it seems kind of silly to pay for baby food. Why not just buy the fruits and veggies in season, cook them, and puree? Wouldn't it be cheaper and better? Are there readers out there who snort at this idea and say "sure, let me see you and your homemade babyfood when you haven't slept for three days and you're covered in baby spit." I'm not mad, I'm just asking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it's a great idea - you be sure what ingredients are actually in the food. I did it for a time, using fresh veggies,fruits and chicken. There are great implements out there that are easy to use and store.
Yo Mama