Sunday, March 4, 2007

Your mother was right.

Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day. And quite possibly my favorite given my penchant (obsession) with eggs and toast. I like to have some type of eggs at least 3 times a week, even on weekdays. My current kick is poached eggs. I used to use one of those deals where you put water in the bottom and there are 3 cups on top, but now I'm going old school. Pan of boiling water, a tiny bit of vinegar swirled in ( to keep the whites from separating), crack the egg right in the boiling water, time it for 1:30 sec., and you've got yourself a hell of a breakfast.


Look how beautiful it can be:
Kind of brings tears to your eyes, doesn't it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love eggs too! jcy

Mama said...

How do you get these to come out looking so gorgeous? When I try to poach outside of the poaching pan, the results look more like a big sneeze than a morning sunrise...

Ethel76 said...

It's the vinegar. It keeps the whites together. The pros also trim theirs to make that perfect eggy look, but the morning the picture was taken was just pure breakfast serendipity.

Anonymous said...

how much vinegar do you use? i still get a bit of that 'sneeze' look that kate refers to...

Ethel76 said...

One TSBP, and use the white kind. Unless you like purply/brown poached eggs.