Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Gnomes and Fairies helped me



I baked a cake recently that was magical: A plain chocolate cake batter, but then you mixed sugar, more cocoa and boiling water together and poured it on top of the batter. When it bakes, the top magically becomes cake, and the bottom magically becomes a chocolate/pudding sauce. Fantastic! Unicorn dreams and rainbows!

It is good. I'm too lazy to type the recipe right now, but if you really want it, email me and I'll post it.

The cake made me think of other magical foods, specifically the most famous magical food: Impossible Cheeseburger Pie. For those who don't know, it's ground meat, Bisquick and cheese: except that you pour all that shit in a pan, and it magically separates and the crust floats THROUGH the meat to the top of the pan.

I know there's scientific reasons for all this, but I don't care. I prefer to have it be magical! Pixie dust and unicorns!

No comments: