Friday, August 31, 2007

If you're making cookies, please stick it in the fridge


I recently forgot that I had promised to bring cookies to a baby shower at work. This was at around 9:30pm on the night before the shower. Thoughts of the Vietnamese bakery down the street swirled in my head, but my pride wouldn't let me: I will stay true to the Homespun, readers.
The solution? Refrigerator cookies. Flour, butter, sugar, vanilla, rolled up in a tube shape and thrown in the fridge. The next morning, I turned on the oven when I got up, sliced those lil' buggers, threw an almond on top and baked for 6 min. By the time I was done with my coffee,the whole batch was done. I had lined the trays with parchment paper, so there was no clean up, and I was actually on time for work.
I had a vision of myself in 10 years, finding the crumpled note in the kid's backpack at 11 at night saying "bring cookies tomorrow" and I knew: No bake sale will EVER bring me down.

No comments: