Friday, August 3, 2007

too hot....can't blog......

Seriously. I can barely move around. I think I may only eat cereal and ice cream today, and good thing I made ice cream at the beginning of the week when it was not in the mid 90's in a town (and apt.) that's not regularly air-conditioned. I made a Mexican Chocolate Ice cream out of this book:
by David Lebovitz. It's a great book of unusual but accessible recipes, and his copy is pretty funny. The "Aztec" ice cream incorporates cinnamon and cayenne pepper, and he did warn that you should add a little bit and wait, as the pepper tends to get hotter as it sits. I added the minimum amount, but he wasn't kidding. It's a bizarre sensation to eat something cold and creamy that also makes your mouth burn, but maybe it's a good thing. Hot weather locales tend to eat spicy food so they can sweat out the heat, right? Excuse me while I sit very still, lick my ice cream cone, and gently perspire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh! i'm glad you're liking the book. that aztec flavoring sounds divine...